07 November 2009

oh my blog!

well...well...well...today was QUITE the adventure...


my friend mel {now known as "melon" thanks to my brothers} came to visit me from farmington today. usually we only get to see each other when we are shooting weddings...so it was definately a nice change. the weather was absolutely beautiful....so we went for a car ride to lexington. i wanted to take her to smackwater jacks...one of my FAVORITE places to eat {its local...she had never been there before} anyway....


on the way to lexington we decided to stop in croswell...to see the "infamous swinging bridge"....i knew that the bridge was simply just a bridge...nothing too special...but keeping up with the spirit of our adventure....i decided what the heck. we were off.

and off.
and....
yeah.....

after about 20-minutes or so {maybe more} of just driving around {in the same area...over and over again}....we decided if we didnt find it in 5-minutes, we were turning around. this is a horrible thing...especially when i have been there on various occasions. i just could NOT remember how to get there at all.....but then....there it was.


not only did we laugh hysterically. we debated even getting out of the car. however...we came to the conclusion that we didnt come this far just to give up. so we made sure we walked across the entire thing...and back. we were so unenthused we didnt even bring our cameras.....hence the horrible shot taken right from our car.....



we left almost as soon as we got there. and eventually we made it to our destination.


i decided to break default {vegetarian pizza...which is absolutely amazing} and opted for seafood bisque....which was almost equally amazing.





i also ordered herb sticks...thinking i didnt have enough to eat.....little did i know that this would end up being part of my lunch and dinner....hahaha...i was wicked full!





our photoshoot/adventure began.... i caught mel....



then she caught me....there are so many pictures that should be added in between here........but i am super tired....so i will briefly mention our trip to the hot pink wall.....the overpriced vintage shop....the general store.........crazy joe's? {whatever that was.....}



and yes, the end of the pier.











once we got back into town i asked mel to take some shots of corey and i {part of our christmas present for his parents&grandma....}...these were some of my favorites:



thanks mel! i had such a great day....not to mention...some young girl stopped me at the store {this was later...after corey and i dropped mel off at her car} and told me how much she liked my outfit....i couldnt help but be flattered. haha.

ah....well....church comes early in the morning....but before i go...here is my Thankful Thirty for today.....

7. my feet. dear God, i am so thankful....so blessed...for the feet that you have given me...the feet that carry me through each day.....on every adventure i go....may the continue to be strengthened and used to strengthen those around me....

{romans 10:15 "how beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"}


sleep tight everyone.

peace&love{danielle}

p.s. check out this thanks + giving giveaway at ica images!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love love love the pictures of you and Corey. I am going to have to plan a trip out to see you all soon! Maybe springtime?