08 September 2009

"danielle, you really need to get over your self-consciousness..."

my dad said this to me just yesterday. we were at tjmaxx and i set something i wanted down...when i went back to go get it, i said forget it...because a lady was standing in my way. when i got back to my dad, he asked why i had not made a purchase..and i just simply replied with, "its okay...that lady was in the way...i'm ready to go..." he said, "just go get it"...easy for him to say...he is brave. for those of you who know me, you might think that i am the OPPOSITE of shy. well, thats because you know me....i have a horrible character trait of being extremely anxious and full of worry. its horrible!!! i typically get over it....eventually...but boy, is it ever hard for me.

so, as i anxiously sit here, waiting for the clock to strike the minutes to tell me to leave for my first official day at landmark, i can't help but be nervous. anxious. completely insane. wishing to crawl back under the covers. but i can't. i can't live a life hid under the covers because of fear.

god has not given me the spirit of fear...but of power, love and a sound mind.

today is going to be a good day. i must be.....i just need to move these feet.


peace&love{danielle}

No comments: